Its red roses , hearts , red balloons and love quotes everywhere . Happy Valentine’s day to each and every soul who believe in love !

This day is quiet popular among the current generation including me . I have been hearing about this day right from when I have heard love. But there are still people of my age and who are older than me or younger than me who believe that saying “ I love you" is a shame and celebrating a day for love is unnecessary. Some even say “You don’t have to wait till Valentine ’s Day to show how much they mean to you” .

A couple I know had been crazily in love with each other for years. They lived together for more than a decade understanding , loving and caring  for each other . As married life moved forward and kids and bills took center stage they somehow maintained the contentment and looked forward for their time together . As kids grew and got settled they got more time to spend with each other but they wanted less time together. In years they had fallen into a routine that both of them concluded this is how it is going to be for the rest of their life . Regular tiffs , misunderstandings and venting out grew them apart . I wondered what went wrong “ How can love die?". Then I realized “ Love did not die . It’s their desire to keep the love alive which died ."

In every married life initially husband feels good when wife cooks for you or do your laundries . Wife feels loved when husband eats whatever she cooks with a smile, takes her out , buy things for her . They find happiness in every small thing they do for each other and in initial years there is always a first time of doing things together or for each other which keeps them happy and content . As years passes all those become routines , duties and responsibilities  and they start treating each others as possessions . Sex starts taking back seat in years. Eventually if you don’t find ways the spark dies and you fall out of love . Life just moves on for the rest of the years either with arguments or silence when you realise arguments doesn’t help much .

If a day in a year would help us to do something special which we had not been doing rest of the year to bring those butterflies back in your stomach and love back to your life . Why not ? If a red rose can bring a smile on the face which we had yearned to look at ,  why not ? If a candle light dinner and “ I love you" can make your love alive for a day and rest of your life vibrant, why not ?

I agree to all who say this day is not a part of our culture ! But if a day in a year can change the routine in your relationship . Why Not ?

Requoting One among the many quotes which I read today . “ Happy Valentines day to all those who are waiting to be taken , almost taken , taken , taken for granted , assumed to be taken and those who aren’t taken seriously . “

Let us not let the love in us die ! Let us grow old gracefully in love so that the ones coming behind us look forward for it .

Comments

Bijesh
14/02/2016 6:30pm

Good one..!! Passion to live with love..!!

Kalhara Venugopal
14/02/2016 6:42pm

09/02/2017 12:22am

Staying in love with your partner is sometimes hard because there might be some challenges that will test your strength. I was able to witness the love story of my grandparents and it was really cool. My grandparents story was inspiring because despite all the hindrance on their relationship they stayed strong. They are 52 years married they still love each and I can see that in simple things that they show us. A promise from their relationship sustained them and the commitment that from that day was really powerful.

Love is one of the most powerful things, we all know that. Everything is becoming possible in the name of love, that is why we should always take care of it while it is there. Have it shared while it is still there because loving other people could be the best gift we can give to other people! I can just imagine how good it will be if all people would know how to love unconditionally. I believe that this could have been a better place.

Archana Nair
15/02/2016 8:04am

Valentine day not in our culture but you have given such a beautiful reason to celebrate.Why not?

Kalhara Venugopal
15/02/2016 9:00am

Hope you had a great one . Thanks for reading

Nans
15/02/2016 5:18pm

So many will be longing for a change in their daily routine, Den why not ?? Wonderfully said...

Kalhara Venugopal
15/02/2016 6:52pm

I am happy you agree to it :) Thanks for reading

Pooja
18/02/2016 4:54pm

Very nicely written and expressed! !

Kalhara Venugopal
18/02/2016 5:10pm

It warms my heart whenever I visit my grandparents in New York. They’ve been married for 50 years and the look in their eyes never change, my mother said so. I saw how they took care of each other, my grandmother would always cook food for my grandfather. My grandfather will say that he must be the one to prepare the food because his wife is sick. Even though my Mama (that’s what I call my grandmother) is sick, she would wake up early to prepare the clothes and food for my Baba ( my grandfather). Someday, I would like someone to love me and take care of me like what my grandparents do to each other. Also, let us love other people who don’t receive love and let’s grow old loving one another.

Kalhara Venugopal
12/05/2016 3:24pm

Thank you for sharing about your grandparents. You have no idea how happy I felt reading it Such stories inspire us and helps us in believing in true love. All the best for finding your love and may your love keep growing over years and be as beautiful as your grandparents's.

22/11/2016 3:35pm

This is interesting article nicely expressed!. Keep It Up :)

01/04/2017 8:33pm

It's a real happiness to find someone you love! And who loves you! It's a magic!

12/04/2017 6:05pm

Love is a great and pure feeling. Let's celebrate this holiday. There is no reason to hesitate!